City Skin and Laser Clinic - Laser hair removal salon charged me thousands of $$$ over 3yrs and hair grew back stronger

Doesn't it just sound amazing, a few dollars, a few appointments, a touch of pain and you are hair free forever. Well if you are dark haired and ethnic like myself then you've probably spent your youth suffering through creams, waxes, shaving, tweezing and despair.

And now science has brought you a miracle. Well, you know the saying, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is too good to be true. This laser "˜technology' is exploiting the desperation of thousands of women. As if it weren't painful enough going through life hairier than most of the men we date, now we get the added bonus of being robbed.

Here's my experience with one laser clinic in San Francisco, named City Skin and Laser Clinic (111 Maiden Lane, San Francisco, CA 94108): Full legs costs $420 per visit, full arms costs $225 per visit, lip and chin costs $85 per visit. According to the clinic, no more than six to eight appointments are required and then you are released from your hairy prison for life.

So, from August 2007 until August 2010, I went every six weeks. It was sheer agony (even with the topical lidocaine that they use to numb the area), but it was going to eliminate embarrassment and self hatred from my life… right?

Three years and SIXTEEN appointments later the results are as follows: The leg hair seems to have weakened somewhat. However the arm and facial hair has not only thickened, but hair has begun to sprout in areas that were previously hair free! The upper arm, which previously had barely a wisp of fine hairs is now a carpet of think black pubes, my knuckles are hairier than some of the dates I've rejected because of their hairy knuckles, and I have started to grow hair on my neck !!!

So, what does my sweet therapist at City Skin and Laser clinic have to say? "Honey, it's all in your head."

No, it's on my arms, hands and face, and the only thing that is in my head is how I have spent a ton of money, endured unbelievable pain and wasted hours of time for something that has not only failed but has made matters worse.

Girls (and guys), don't waste your time or money on laser hair removal. If you are descended from a rug, then… actually I don't know how to finish that sentence. How do we live with our aesthetic disadvantage? Anyone who is successfully living a hairy life, please feel free to contact me and let me know how it is you get through life without sinking into a deep, suicidal depression ?

All suggestions, words of encouragement or just effective techniques for killing oneself welcome.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Maxine Ryder

Aug 27, 2010 #181714

Dear Concerned
Thankk for the comment. Indeed perhaps that is the best option. Though after already spending thousands of dollars, i think i need to take a break for a while. I wouldnt mind getting my money back from that clinic, though have no idea how to do so.

0 0 Reply

Aug 27, 2010 #181681

Ask your Dr. for a referral. Laser does work, if you get the right clinic to do it. You get what you pay for,so it won't be cheap. Again ,get a Dr. or Plastic surgeon to refer you to someone. "Good Luck"

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to City Skin and Laser Clinic. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about City Skin and Laser Clinic.
Filing a new complaint about